Sunday, April 27, 2008

Busy weekend


What can I say? My kitty is very talented.

We took our first trip down to the Boulder Farmer's Market on Saturday. Lucky for us, the weather was a bit grim, so it wasn't the shoulder to shoulder traffic I've heard is the norm. Everyone there seemed to be in good spirits despite the snow.

Kevin and I caught up with Amy and Wyatt, the owners of Red Wagon Organic Farm, and my former bosses. They take serious pride in their produce, believe me, and the greens they had on sale were gorgeous. Aside from some Red Wagon spinach, we also picked up some fabulous bread from Udi's and some exceptional cheese from Windsor Dairy.

For as long as I can remember, lilacs have been my very favorite flowery item. When May rolled around and it was finally warm enough to sleep with the windows open, the lilacs were blooming just outside in all of their perfume-y glory. We have a few lilacs in our backyard here in Boulder. They are a bit on the small side, which is to be expected in this climate, but I think they should be in full bloom by the end of the week.


And in today's gardening news, we have baby spinach!


And baby Swiss chard!

No comments: