Sunday, October 21, 2007

First race in VeloNews colors


Well, this weekend was the second race in the Boulder series, and the first one with my new VeloNews kit. It was as good of a day as any to jump in with the big boys in the elite race. With about six hours a week of training it probably wasn't the smartest idea. Go hard or go home, right? It wasn't exactly a breakthrough race, but I didn't come in last!


The course was one of the best I've ever ridden. There was an awesome mix of pavement, mucky grass, creek-crossing run ups, dry run ups, sand... you name it, they had it. The best part was that I had my own personal cheerleader running around the course shouting things like: "You're the hottest thing on two wheels!" Can't ask for much more than that.


My days of being a bike racer may be over, but it's still fun to get out there and suffer. The Boulder race scene is a perfect place to enjoy the sport. There were over 500 racers out there taking a beating and getting dirty on a Saturday. There were lots of cowbells and heckling fans cheering me around the last lap. I coasted across the line into the arms of my number one fan and just smiled. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, fine. ignore me. i can take it.


sniff...

how many teams are you on anyways?

gpickle