Saturday, September 8, 2007

Garden Plot's Makeover

The place we're renting has a fairly large back yard with an old garden plot that has languished over the past several years covered in a thin layer of wood chips, the weeds taking over in a slow progression. Several weeks after we moved in, the garden plot came to us with a proposition.

Garden Plot: "Please. I need your help. I'm feeling tired, neglected and unattractive, and I think with just a bit of help I could be restored to my formerly vivacious veggie-bearing self."

Melvin: "Hmm... Not to be rude, but you're looking pretty beat."

Garden Plot: Looks dejected

Melvin: "We kid, we kid! We'd love to give you a makeover. You'll need a pretty serious sloughing to bring back that natural glow, but I think we're up to the task."

Garden Plot: (With enthusiasm) "Oh thank you! I promise you won't be disappointed. We'll be making sweeeet salsa together by this time next year."

And so we present to you, Garden Plot's Makeover, Phase Autumn.

Before:


Exfoliation underway:


Edges slightly more manicured, deep cleansing begun:



Stay tuned for the next installment of "Garden Plot's Makeover".

No comments: