Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bye, Bye Farm

Had my last day at the farm just over a week ago. Contrary to what we were expecting, it was a fairly mellow day - we were even finished before sundown. Perhaps not surprisingly, four months of farm work afforded me plenty of time to ponder my priorities. What I found most revealing is that even my longest 14+ hour days at the farm felt shorter than pretty much any 8ish hour work day I've had in the recent past, even at a fraction of my former paycheck. I have this realization, along with love and encouragement from Kevin, to thank for the fact that I now find myself a week into a new job that I'm loving. I'm working for great people. I'm biking to and from work, about 5 1/2 miles each way. I get to spend time talking and reading and learning about my craft. I'm finally relaxed and happy. Funny how things work out.

I leave you with my favorite view from the upper field.

No comments: