Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recently, Fridays at the farm have been rather long. We arrive at the fields before the sun has risen and head home as it sets in the West. I cut my sandwich in pieces before leaving home as often I am eating while moving from station to station, and I simply don't have time to eat the whole thing at once. I don't mind the hard work, but it does tire a girl out by the end of the day.

Two Fridays ago, I wearily climbed the stairs up to our apartment, opened the door, and found this...


and this...



I'd like to point out that the first image is a pared down version of what I actually saw, but in my eagerness, I removed the ribbon and wrapping before I thought to take the photo. This was not assembled by some flower shop employee people. Kevin went to some impressive lengths here. He taped the seed packets to wooden sticks and made an arrangement by poking them into a Styrofoam cone. He then placed the whole lot in the metal vase and finished it off with a bit of wrapping and a ribbon. A bouquet of flower seeds. Perfection. It makes me smile just thinking about the thought that went into this. And if that wasn't enough, he also bought me bamboo stakes and twine so that we can mark off our garden in the backyard. I'm the luckiest gal on the planet.

No comments: